[LLVMdev] [RFC] Exhaustive bitcode compatibility tests for IR features

Sergei Larin slarin at codeaurora.org
Thu Oct 2 09:05:31 PDT 2014

Hi Rafael,

  I have a quick question for you. First of all I am not very familiar with this code, so....

Before this change:

[llvm] r212349 - Implement LTOModule on top of IRObjectFile
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.cvs/195450

LTOModule::parseSymbols used to explicitly add global aliases as defined symbols:

  // add aliases
 for (const auto &Alias : IRFile->aliases())
    addDefinedDataSymbol(Alias);

After your patch I do not seem to see an explicit handling of aliases... I would naively expect something like this:

for (auto &Sym : IRFile->symbols()) {
    if (isa<GlobalVariable>(GV)) {
      addDefinedDataSymbol(Sym);
      continue;
    }

    if (isa<GlobalAlias>(GV)) {
      addDefinedDataSymbol(Sym);
      continue;
    }

}

 Is this an oversight or a design decision? If this is the later, when/where aliases should be handled?
Thanks a lot.

Sergei

---
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation