[LLVMdev] need help on llvm support for Chapel

Hui Zhang wayne.huizhang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:59:56 PDT 2014

Hello,

I don't know if anyone gets familiar with the llvm Chapel front end, it's
version 3.3 and comes within Chapel source package. I'm trying to parse the
.bc code generated from a simple helloworld chapel program.

Just run a basic Hello pass on the code (default one in the llvm source
code) that prints out all the function names in the module. However,  it
prints a bunch of functions (hundreds with weird names) for a simple hello
world chapel program (it should be just "main" or null since Chapel
programs doesn't necessarily need a function definition inside).  SO why
did "weird" functions come out and how can I remove them from what I need
(only functions from the source Chapel program) ???

thanks !!!

--
Best regards

Hui Zhang