[LLVMdev] Perf is dead again... :(

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Sun Nov 30 05:29:13 PST 2014

On 29.11.2014 23:03, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 29 November 2014 at 20:28, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:
>> Just a thought. Would it make sense to put LNT server into a Docker
>> [1] container so it's portable and then we can move it over to any
>> (Linux based) host we like easily and reliably?
>
> I think this is a great idea. We should at least try, while the other
> is in "production", and if it proves stable, we switch.

Proving 'stable' is not that easy.  In fact LNT works flawless for me at
home.

I am afraid the issue only arises due to the huge database that we have
after imports from several years and parallel accesses both due to LNT
submits as well as users looking at LNT.

Having said this, anything that allows us to have a LNT instance that
can be maintained/debugged easily and where we can point our LNT testers
to, will simplify debugging of this production LNT issues.
Cheers,
Tobias