[LLVMdev] Out of source backend

Zoltan Bokor zoligeotop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:26:46 PST 2014

Hello,

  I am in a developing process for a new llvm backend (target). Can I
create the new target subdirectory out of source. My point is that I want
to create a separate svn repo only for my new backend directory and use the
llvm project as an external repository. I have to amke some changes to llvm
project, to integrate my backend to the llvm, but I won't commit my changes
to the llvm repo. I only want to commit the changes to my separate backend
svn repo, but I want to update the llvm external repo. This design should
be like a llvm read only (but updatable) repo, and a commitable, separate
backend repo.
Is this design feasible ?

Regards,
Zoli