[LLVMdev] Proposed patches for Clang 3.5.1

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Tue Nov 25 09:39:12 PST 2014

> > > Can you give me an idea of how important these fixes are?  My personal
> > > feeling is that big fixes like this can sometimes be OK as long as they
> > > are mostly contained to a specific target and that target isn't X86
> > > or ARM.
> >
> > Without them, the calling convention for big-endian 64-bit Mips targets is very badly broken. Clang is generally consistent with itself,
> > but interlinking with GCC-compiled code doesn't work. When I started on this work ~4500 of 5000 tests generated by ABITestGen.py
> > produced incorrect output when mixing > GCC and Clang objects. 32-bit and little-endian Mips targets are ok except for a couple rare
> > corner cases (e.g. 128-bit float return values).
>
> It's likely possible to rewrite the patches so that they don't depend on my other work. If you have any questions there or need me to stamp the rewrites as "what should happen if you don't take my patches into account" I'm happy to do so.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -eric

I believe I've managed to backport them to the release_35 branch but I haven't re-tested them beyond running 'ninja check-all' yet. The patches are currently at https://github.com/dsandersimgtec/clang/commits/release_35, and https://github.com/dsandersimgtec/llvm/commits/release_35_proposed.
I'm going to run as much ABI testing as possible on it this evening.