[LLVMdev] [lld][ELF] How to transfer st_other field value from input to output file

Simon Atanasyan simon at atanasyan.com
Thu Nov 6 06:50:24 PST 2014

Hi,

On MIPS st_other field in the ELF symbols table might contain some
additional MIPS-specific flags besides visibility ones. These flags
should be copied to the output linked file. If YAML => Native
conversion is switched off, there is no problem. But in case of the
conversion we lose st_other field values.

So I need an advice how to keep this information. Is it a good idea to
extend YAML and Native format to store these data? Is there any
alternative solutions?

Thanks.

--
Simon Atanasyan