[LLVMdev] Issue with std::call_once in PPC64 platform

Samuel F Antao sfantao at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 3 17:19:40 PST 2014

Hi all,

I observe that r220932 (Removing the static initializer in
ManagedStatic.cpp by using llvm_call_once to initialize the ManagedStatic
mutex.) is causing tablegen to segfault in PPC platforms during static
initialization. The crash happens while calling  std::call_once introduced
by this patch in the wrapper used in getManagedStaticMutex.

I understand this call is buggy for some platforms (or probably some oldish
libstdc++ versions). Is this a known issue? Should we guard
LLVM_DEFINE_ONCE_FLAG definition with platform specific macros to avoid the
crash, at least for the moment?

Thanks!
Samuel