[LLVMdev] LLVM multithreading

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Fri May 30 02:18:45 PDT 2014

Hi Jasmin,

Creating threads is the responsibility of the operating system or runtime
system. It will provide functions that can be called from assembly language
or from a language such as C.

You can of course write such C programs (or other languages) and then
compile them using Clang & LLVM, but LLVM itself does not know what, for
example, pthread_create() means. It's just a library function.