[LLVMdev] Partially complete LLVM backend for the VideoCore 4

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Thu May 29 04:12:06 PDT 2014

On 28 May 2014 21:53, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> For a while I've been working on an LLVM backend for Broadcom's
> VideoCore 4, the GPU made famous by the Raspberry Pi. This isn't the
> QPU, for which Broadcom released docs a little while ago; it's the main
> processor, which is a VC4 core.
>
> It's a rather elegant thing with two cores, 32 registers, a built-in DSP
> and an extremely nice instruction set;

Congratulations on the release David, this looks very interesting. I
had wondering what you were targeting given your series of questions
to the mailing list :) Just a note to say that in VideoCore parlance
this is an LLVM backend for the VPU. An interesting complimentary
project would be an LLVM backend targetting the QPU (which are
actually publicly documented via
http://www.raspberrypi.org/a-birthday-present-from-broadcom/).

Regards,

Alex