[LLVMdev] Do the LLVM SJLJ intrinsics interact with C++ exception handling and execute C++ cleanup actions?

Christian Schafmeister chris.schaf at verizon.net
Tue May 27 13:26:09 PDT 2014

Do the LLVM Setjmp/Longjmp intrinsics interact with C++ exception handling and execute C++ cleanup actions?

I compiled a small example using setjmp/longjmp using clang and they did not execute C++ cleanup actions and calling longjmp bypassed calling destructors on objects that were allocated between the call to setjmp and longjmp.

I’m wondering if the LLVM intrinsics behave differently from setjmp/longjmp.

Best,

.Chris.

Christian Schafmeister
Professor, Chemistry Department