[LLVMdev] RFC: Remove AArch64 backend & rename ARM64 -> AArch64

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:16:29 PDT 2014

Hi Renato,

> Now, the practical side of it... what's the schedule for the movement
> regarding Clang vs. LLVM vs. others?
>
> Are we going to have a global code freeze until all projects have
> moved their sources and test cases?

I'll probably be building LLVM, Clang & lldb during the process, and
commit the fundamentals at the same time. After that, cleanups will
continue for a while but shouldn't block any other commits. Since most
external interfaces will remain the same though, I'm not anticipating
many synchronisation issues.

So, since no-one has told me the sky would fall down if I do this, I'm
planning to go ahead. Last chance to call a halt, everyone!

Cheers.

Tim.