[LLVMdev] Getting Started with Static-Analysis

Arno Appenzeller arno.appenzeller at gmx.de
Fri May 9 05:44:26 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm looking for some help working with custom checkers for clang-analyzer which I want to use with Xcode.

I'm working on a checker for clang which should check for usage of buffer overflow functions(this is just for me to pratice to get started)

As far as I understand I just add my checker and build my own custom clang. Is this right or is there a way to extend the Xcode Analyzer e.g. the Apple clang analyzer without building an own clang?

If not what is the best way to integrate your won clang-analyzer in xcode? Should I run it as script? set-xcode-analyzer doesn't seem to work for Xcode 5.

Best regards
Arno