[LLVMdev] [RFC] Section Declarations in LLVM IR

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Tue May 6 10:13:17 PDT 2014

On 5 May 2014 16:52, David Majnemer <david.majnemer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a heads up, I'm planning on sending patches for this soon.

Awesome. I think I fixed all the blocking MC issues and I am now
coding pr10367, so we should have all the parts in place for windows
rtti soon :-)

My current idea for global alias is to split GlobalValue into
GlobalName (or GlobalAddress?) and GlobalValue. GlobalAlias would
inherit from GlobalName and not have a alignment or section of its
own. With that than it becomes easy to say that a GlobalAlias is just
an offset into a GlobalValue with some different information (linkage,
visibility, etc).

Cheers,
Rafael