[LLVMdev] Disable JIT and interpret code instead in VMKit

Gaël Thomas gael.thomas00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:01:37 PDT 2014

That's true, thanks Philip, I always forget this interpreter :)
However, we have not tested the LLVM interpreter because it is not
easy to use when you have an exact collector.

Basically, in VMKit, we use the LLVM garbage collector infrastructure
in order to generate stack maps, i.e., maps that identifies the
location of the object references in the execution stack. If we use
the LLVM interpreter, we will have to find all the locations of the
object references in the LLVM virtual register locations of the
interpreter. And I don't know if it is possible...

See you,
Gaël