[LLVMdev] Contributing the Apple ARM64 compiler backend

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Mar 31 05:48:45 PDT 2014

On 31 March 2014 12:53, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
> I wonder if LLVM bootstraps on AArch64.

I haven't tried bootstrapping, but LLVM builds, passes the check-all
tests and all the test-suite on the AArch64 back-end. I also haven't
tried on the new ARM64, yet.

> If yes, it would be nice to have a bot with plain/asan/msan bootstrap.
> asan/msan bootstrap bots on x86_64/Linux found ~30 regressions during last
> ~10 months.

Hardware is still precious, whomever has access to it can't spare it
for buildbots.

Also, I'd like to have check-all + bootstrap check-all + test-suite
before sanitizers. Not that they're more important, but they're the
requirements for releases, and I'd like to have an AArch64 binary on
3.5 release.

cheers,
--renato