[LLVMdev] Contributing the Apple ARM64 compiler backend

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Fri Mar 28 16:17:56 PDT 2014

On Mar 28, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Bob Wilson <bob.wilson at apple.com> wrote:
> There are new conflicts several times a day, on average. I rebased them on Wednesday on top of svn 204791. If you want to try them out, it would be best to roll back to that revision.
>
> I’ll rebase them one more time when we commit them, but it’s such a moving target (and takes a fair bit of work), that I’d rather wait until we’re ready to commit.

There has been universal support for merging it in, so lets do it.  Please start by commiting the llvm part (i.e. lib/Target/ARM64, tests, etc).  We should have a similar discussion on cfe-dev to get those changes reviewed, and commit the clang pieces when that settles out.

The libc++, compiler_rt, and lldb piece should be separately reviewed and explained before they go in.

Thanks Bob (and everyone who worked on the apple arm64 backend!)

-Chris