[LLVMdev] Named Register Implementation

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Fri Mar 28 09:12:51 PDT 2014

On 3/28/2014 11:09 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 28 March 2014 15:56, Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparzysz at codeaurora.org> wrote:
>> How are you going to represent the side-effects of such builtins?
>
> Do you mean the possible adverse effects they can have on the program
> if you write to the wrong register at the wrong time? I don't think we
> should represent it at all.

I mean how do you make sure that the "write" builtin does not look like
dead code, and at the same time it's not treated as something that
"changes everything".  Do you expect a read of "sp" to have a dependency
with a write of "ax"?  If not, how is that going to be communicated to
the optimizer?

-K

hosted by The Linux Foundation