[LLVMdev] How to query for active subtarget features?

Kai Nacke kai.nacke at redstar.de
Wed Mar 26 09:45:07 PDT 2014

Hi all!

In my compiler I like to define some identifiers based on subtarget
features. E.g. for the MIPS platform: if the user wants to compile for
N32 (-mattr=+n32), then I want to define the identifier MIPS_N32.
This is the simple case because I can parse the command line. But if the
user specifies nothing, then the MIPS target defaults to N64. How can I
determine this default value?

I think the solution would be if there is a way to enumerate the
subtarget features which are active right now. Can this be done
currently? I found no way but I may miss something here.

Regards,
Kai