[LLVMdev] Missing header file llvm/IR/Verifier.h

Gerôncio Geroscópio geroncio.geroscopio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:07:03 PDT 2014

Hello,

  I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but, I'm trying the
"Kaleidoscope tutorial", but, in the chapter 3, I can't compile the toy.cpp
file because it complains about missing header file llvm/IR/Verifier.h .
  I'm using clang/llvm 3.4 source code downloaded as TGZ from main site.
  I'm using Ubuntu Linux, I compiled clang/llvm with the version from the
system (installed via apt-get) and after I compiled it, I installed it
again.
  The problem is that this header file isn't included in the llvm source so
it isn't installed at /usr/local/include/llvm.

  I tried compiling from llvm/clang trunk (with the instructions from clang
site), but at the end it was unusable, with a lot of errors.

  Any hint?

Gero.