[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling Compiler-RT builtins

Kev Kitchens kitchens.sync at me.com
Mon Mar 3 12:00:28 PST 2014

I am attempting to port an operating system project to use Clang/LLVM
instead of GCC, but I'm having issues with Compiler-RT. Right now, the OS is
being cross-compiled on an x86_64 host targeting ARMv7a. I built the LLVM
toolchain according to the instructions, though I limited the supported
targets to arm, x86, and x86_64 to reduce compilation time. I'm finding that
compilation proceeds fine but fails at the linking stage due to missing
compiler builtins. When I examined the build log for the LLVM toolchain, I
found that Compiler-RT was only being built for x86_64. So, as a stopgap,
I've started linking against the existing cross-compiled libgcc to fill in
the gaps. However, I'm trying to find out what I need to do to cross-compile
Compiler-RT's builtins library for ARMv7 so I can use it to replace libgcc.
Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev Kitchens