[LLVMdev] LLVM and gem5

pratik dand pratikdand143 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:22:16 PDT 2014

Dear,

I have modified the LLVM X86 backend by adding some new instructions. I
would like to compile my programs using llvm and run them on a CPU
simulated by gem5.
I have a few questions regarding this mostly related to the consistency of
the machine code generated by llvm and accepted by gem5 (Opcode
differences.).

In  gem5, OR instructions are supported at opcodes different from llvm
opcodes for OR. I am facing similar problems with my new instructions.
I would like to run my executable generated by llvm on a gem5 simulator.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Pratik