[LLVMdev] about stackmap intrinsic

marwayusuf at feng.bu.edu.eg marwayusuf at feng.bu.edu.eg
Sat Jun 28 04:24:10 PDT 2014

Dear All

My MSc was about implementing some kind of On stack replacement in LLVM to enhance security by obfuscating running code periodically.

I've tried to implement this job in JIT, but I couldn't. So I implemented it in interpreter, as an initial step.

However, now I'm trying to make it in JIT.

My first step is to extract function state at an arbitrary point. So, I interrupt function at any point (from within JIT) and pause to extract state. My problem now is with state.

By searching I found about stackmap new intrinsic. I got idea about what it does and I think it may help greatly in my task. However, I could not find any source about how to use it exactly, specially, how to retrieve information stored in a stackmap. I'm not understanding the concept of intrinsics very well.? Again, I tried to find any source that explains how intrinsic work, but I couldn't.

So, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Marwa Yusuf
Teaching Assistant - Computer Engineering Department
Faculty of Engineering - Benha University
E-JUST MSc Student
Computer Science & Engineering Dept.