[LLVMdev] Phabricator and private reviews

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Thu Jun 26 02:34:14 PDT 2014

> As I understand, some people legitimately use Phabricator for internal
> review, ...

MIPS currently do this for patches that only touch the MIPS backend (details can be found at http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140602/220385.html). Any patch that touches common code is sent to the list. One thing I haven't said on that thread yet is that I'm considering trying the 'everything to llvm-commits' workflow myself in a couple weeks when my urgent work is finished. I have some reservations about that workflow but I'm willing to try it to see if my concerns are justified or not.

Manuel: I'm aware of one other way for a review to be invisible to llvm-commits despite being CC'd. If you forget to CC llvm-commits when creating the differential revision and add it later in the web interface, Phabricator doesn't send an email to the list. Adding a comment (at the same time or afterwards) triggers an email.
The same thing happens when adding reviewers without a comment.