[LLVMdev] Phabricator and private reviews

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Wed Jun 25 13:33:37 PDT 2014

On 25/06/2014 21:57, Nick Lewycky wrote:
> Eric Christopher wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Owen Anderson<resistor at mac.com> wrote:
>>> I have to agree with Alp here.  I’ve seen a number of review threads
>>> that either seem to be missing emails or in which the emails arrive
>>> days in unintelligible orders.
>>
>> Weird. I've only seen the one occasion earlier.
>>
>>> I don’t know that we need to cut off use of it, but we need to
>>> prioritize resolving this issue.
>>>

>> But if people are running into it then I definitely agree.
>
> I'm concerned that if people don't use it then its problems will never
> get discovered, prioritized or fixed?

Without the right people reviewing proposed patches, problems in the
LLVM codebase ifself will never get discovered and fixed.

We shouldn't jeopardize LLVM's own code quality in the name of fixing
Phabricator bugs, and that's exactly what's happening right now.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts