[LLVMdev] Regarding Opcodes in x86

Craig Topper craig.topper at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:24:25 PDT 2014

I believe BaseOpc is the opcode for 'add/xor/and reg/mem, reg' form,
BaseOpc2 is the opcode for the 'add/xor/and reg, reg/mem' form, BaseOpc4 is
the opcode for the 'add/xor/and AL, imm form'.

If you want to look for free opcodes you're better of looking at the blank
spots in the official Intel documentation.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 7:43 PM, pratik dand <pratikdand143 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am going through the lib/Target/X86/X86InstrArithmetic.td file where
> there is a definition for a multiclass as follows
>
> multiclass ArithBinOp_F<bits<8> BaseOpc, bits<8> BaseOpc2, bits<8>
> BaseOpc4,
>                         string mnemonic, Format RegMRM, Format MemMRM,
>                         SDNode opnode,
>                         bit CommutableRR, bit ConvertibleToThreeAddress>
>
> This for arithmetic operators like ADD,XOR,AND etc.
>
> Can anyone throw some light on the three different opcodes used namely
> BaseOpc , BasecOp2, BaseOpc4 ?
> Also, I am looking for some free opcodes to assign to new instructions, If
> someone could guide on this then It would be great?
>
> Pratik

~Craig