[LLVMdev] RDPMC inst use in llvm

sathvik sathvikl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:31:34 PDT 2014

Hi John,

I don't think its possible to add/insert an inline assembly into the LLVM
IR unless the IR interface provides some kind of stream writer into which
inline instructions can be written into.

I was thinking having an LLVM intrinsic function could be a first step
towards introducing PMU tool support in LLVM with which you can generate
code with built-in instrumentation. What do you think ?

Sathvik