[LLVMdev] [patch] EXPORTED_SYMBOL_FILE using mingw and cmake

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jun 17 04:20:50 PDT 2014

Hi,

this is my first post to this list, so please excuse if submitting a patch without previous discussion is considered bad form or anything similar. I encountered a bug in the CMake build while using MinGW (non-MSYS, non-CYGWIN) where the LTO_export fails with a "The syntax of the command is incorrect"  error. This error was previously fixed for Windows in general using TO_NATIVE_PATH, however CMake has a known bug ( http://public.kitware.com/Bug/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5939 ) where TO_NATIVE_PATH does not replace slashes by backslashes when the MinGW Makefiles generator is used. The attached patch provides a workaround. Considering that the bug has been open since 2007 it is unlikely that kitware will fix this anytime soon.

Regards
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de