[LLVMdev] Is there any tool can generate MIPS ELF file?

Matheus Almeida Matheus.Almeida at imgtec.com
Mon Jun 16 02:30:36 PDT 2014

Could you be more specific about what ABIs are you after ? The reason I'm asking is that there are several ABIs available for Mips and only a few of them are supported by LLVM (o32, n32 and n64). There are several ABIs defined by GNU with very little documentation that describes them (EABI is one example).

We are aware that the available documentation and GCC disagree sometimes and given that GCC is the de-facto standard, LLVM tries to follow GCC's behaviour as close as possible.

As far as I know there isn't any link from Imagination Technologies' website that I can point you to w.r.t ABIs but there's documentation out there like:
https://dmz-portal.mips.com/mw/images/f/fe/MD00305-2B-ABIDESC-SPC-01.03.pdf   // This is probably the best document as it compares the 3 most important ABIs. Note that it's an old document and needs some refactoring given that the implementation in GCC sometimes differs from the documentation.
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/devel/assembly/mipsabi32.pdf // O32
ftp://www.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/doc/ABI/MIPS-N32-ABI-Handbook.pdf //n32

Regards,
Matheus