[LLVMdev] Questions bout the Steensguard AA Pass in rDSA

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 15 09:54:14 PDT 2014

On 6/13/14, 8:57 PM, Daniel Guo wrote:
> Deal all,
> Recently i am searching for a intra-procedure alias analysis pass and
> the -ds-aa pass seems to be the one i am looking for.

Intra-procedural or inter-procedural?

> However, i find this post described that the rDSA code in PoorAlloc
> project was abandoned before ...
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/llvm-dev/FMLmIh9Nz84/discussion
> But some other guys were interested in it and John Criswell also made
> a request in bug database on this topic.
> Now after 3 years, what's the status of this issue? Are there still
> any problems in the pass if i compile and run it?

I do not believe that the status has changed.  I believe the -dsa-aa
pass in DSA is still removed and has not been resurrected (at least not
with a patch that applied cleanly to the release_32 branch).

If someone wants to resurrect -dsa-aa with a patch that cleanly applies
to the release_32 branch or the trunk branch, I'll review it and apply it.

Regards,

John Criswell