[LLVMdev] LLVMgold.so in windows LLVM builds

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 23:30:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 14 June 2014 00:26,  <sgundapa at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> I am trying to build LLVMgold.so on windows.
> I came across this piece of code which includes “gold” source directory in
> tools/CMakeLists.txt

It seems to date from the original gold import in 2011, so it's
probably just from being careful.

Disabling the check is worth a try, though I think even the binutils
Windows linkers use something other than Linux's ELF. Theoretically,
it has a reasonable chance of working anyway, but you never know
whether we've smuggled something platform-specific in there.

Remember to also specify LLVM_BINUTILS_INCDIR! Took me ages to work
out why gold suddenly stopped being built last time.

Cheers.

Tim.