[LLVMdev] Creating and implementing an analysis group out of tree

Jeremy Salwen jeremysalwen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:10:42 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm trying to follow the guide http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html
to build an some passes and analysis groups out of tree. However, I'm
having some trouble with crashes when I try to follow the guide.
The first section provides a very useful example of what the whole .cpp
file should look like for the HelloWorld pass.  Obviously it's a bit more
complex to write the whole setup with an analysis group, an analysis pass,
and a transform pass that uses the analysis, but example code would be
extremely helpful, and could serve as a good starting point for anyone who
wants to do something similar.  Is there anywhere i could find such example
code, perhaps as part of a project, that demonstrates how to define and use
an analysis group out of tree?

Thanks,
Jeremy