[LLVMdev] Instrumentation based Profiling

Jeremy Salwen jeremysalwen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:50:18 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm wondering as to the status of control flow profiling in llvm.  From
what I can gather there was an old system (using opt -insert-edge-profiling
and the like)  which was removed in this commit
llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=191835 .  The commit
message mentions "modern PGO efforts", but I can't find anything in the
source tree or documentation.  Who is working on the newer efforts and what
is their status?  If there's work that still needs to be done, I'd be happy
to help out in a serious way.

Thanks,
Jeremy Salwen