[LLVMdev] [llvm] r210424 - Revert "Do materialize for floating point"

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Mon Jun 9 02:12:00 PDT 2014

I agree. I've clarified this misconception in more detail on the llvm-commits thread but to re-iterate the main point on this list: The developer policy distinguishes between developers who maintain/contributed code and those who don't/didn't to guide decisions on whether on-list pre-commit review is required but that's as far as it goes. There's no concept of authorized maintainers for an area.

> In this particular case it looks like some review feedback was ignored, at least
> in the public list. For example, if the isa x dyn_cast issue is a pattern over all
> of the llvm code base. So if a misuse was noticed during code review, it
> should be handled. If outside of the list it was decided that the original patch
> was actually correct, it is good practice to say something on commit message
> about it.

For what it's worth, it turns out that I'd asked Reed to make a change that he'd already made way back on the 1st of May which confused him. I discovered this yesterday (after replying to the llvm-commits thread) when I went to explain the request in more detail. That said, I agree with the 'understand first, commit later' comments that were raised on the llvm-commits thread. The commit shouldn't have happened until I had clarified the request, discovered that it was already done, and replied to the review.