[LLVMdev] Stack maps no longer experimental in 3.5

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:10:53 PDT 2014

Hi all,

It is my understanding that now WebKit depends on the stack map
functionality in production. Also, on the mailing lists we've seen lots of
users using in this feature. Can we eliminate the experimental status for
3.5?

Off the top of my head, the changes needed are:

- A read-through of StackMaps.rst to remove any mention of it being
experimental.
- Removing mention of it being experimental from
http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#stack-map-intrinsics
- Removing the `.experimental` from the name.

Anything else?

(also, we'll have to put some stuff in
http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html)

-- Sean Silva