[LLVMdev] [LLVM Doc] tblgen backends

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:44:13 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 3 June 2014 14:10, Daniil Troshkov <troshkovdanil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The job is very simple: add link at page
> >
> https://github.com/draperlaboratory/fracture/wiki/How-TableGen%27s-DAGISel-Backend-Works
> > into doc page
> > http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/BackEnds.html
>
> That's not what I meant. There are some parts of that doc that are
> redundant with what we have already on http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/,
> so just adding a link wouldn't help people that are reading them make
> any sense of why we should redirect them to another, different but
> slightly similar, doc.
>
> What I meant was to add the *contents* of that doc (with the author's
> permission) into our docs, by merging the contents and removing the
> duplication.

That would be nice but that is a lot more effort, so much so that I would
consider it a separate effort to do so. For now I think that providing a
link under http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/BackEnds.html#dagisel is a simple
way to connect developers looking for information with useful information.

-- Sean Silva