[LLVMdev] Guidance regarding a dummy project

Richard Gorton rcgorton at cog-e.com
Fri Jun 6 08:17:46 PDT 2014

The documents John mentions are highly useful.  I'm actually doing this
- and find the source in various other architecture subtrees to be
invaluable - lib/Target/<target>.  Our machine is a 64-bit RISC machine,
so reading the PPC/Mips/Sparc code is useful.  For some instructions,
ARM has been useful (pre/post increment/decrement).

If this is a commercial effort, Synopsys makes a tool called Processor
Designer which can take you quite a ways to doing this.

Best of Luck,

     Richard Gorton
     www.cog-e.com