[LLVMdev] compiler job open at Mips/Imagination for LLVM and other compiler work

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Jun 6 03:29:31 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 06:37:45AM +0700, "C. Bergström" wrote:
> On 06/ 5/14 06:13 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 03:06:13PM -0700, reed kotler wrote:
> >>_*Software Design Engineer -- Compilers*_
>
> >[snap] Please do not use the LLVM lists for recruitment for jobs only
> >"accidently" related to LLVM/Clang. Looking for a Clang developer to
> >integrated it with a 3rd party product is fine. Looking for a LLVM
> >developer to develop a new backend or improve optimisation is fine, too.
> >Just looking foor a compiler engineer is not.
> MIPS can clarify, but from a fellow recruiter perspective - the
> subject seems clear to me. (I also happen to guess MIPS is
> supporting clang/llvm toolchain from list activity and have no
> reason to believe they wouldn't be working on llvm) Was the body of
> the email that bad or misleading?

Search for LLVM or Clang in the body. I find a single instance and that
can well work as "knows a larger compiler" pre-filter. I am aware of
MIPS directly or indirectly supporting LLVM, which is why I tried to
give some examples for writing a better post the next time. Even if I am
not interested in such a job myself, I do find it interested to see what
companies are looking for LLVM developers and for what purpose.

Joerg