[LLVMdev] How to make sure the compatibility of LLVM IR

Stephen Hines srhines at google.com
Thu Jun 5 00:44:01 PDT 2014

For what it's worth, Android maintains an LLVM 3.2 bitcode writer (
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/compile/slang/+/master/BitWriter_3_2/).
I recently updated this to work with upstream LLVM @r209713. I know that
there are a few interested parties that would love to see this decoupled
and published as a separate library/utility, since there are now many
projects that chose ~3.2 as a relatively stable bitcode format.
Unfortunately, I never seem to have the time to be able to put it into a
separate form that would be suitable for other projects to use.

Steve