[LLVMdev] Not able to run pass

Prashanth Sharma cs13m1017 at iith.ac.in
Wed Jun 4 10:37:37 PDT 2014

sir,
that I already applied this.As I followed these steps:-please tell me
whered did i go wrong?

   1. Checkout LLVM:
      - cd LLVM
      - svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
   2. Checkout Clang:
      - cd LLVM
      - cd llvm/tools
      - svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang
   3. Checkout Compiler-RT:
      - cd LLVM
      - cd llvm/projects
      - svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk
      compiler-rt
   4. Get the Test Suite Source Code
      - cd LLVM
      - cd llvm/projects
      - svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/test-suite/trunk test-suite

      5.Configure and build LLVM and Clang
        mkdir build  (inside LLVM)
        cd build
        ../llvm/configure --prefix =/home/username/LLVM/build  (path of
build directory)
           make -j4
           make check-all
      6.now went to Hello folder in lib/Transform/Hello
            make (this create Hello.so in Debug+Asserts
            clang -emit-llvm -c hello.c -o hello.bc ( Then this gives me
some file missing like Pass.h or some other that are already in Include
folder) or (if i give path using -I /path/to/these files/ it gives me error
in inside these file)

Please sir, help me out.wasted so much time on this.and please tell me all
path variable or environment path that I have to set before doing all this
.And also tell me where did i went wrong?

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Alexander Musman <alexander.musman at gmail.com
> wrote:

> You can, for example, generate it with clang from some source file:
>
> clang -emit-llvm -c hello.c -o hello.bc
>
> Regards,
> Alexander

>> sir,
>> As defined in
>> http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html#setting-up-the-build-environment
>>
>> running pass with opt but here how I get hello.bc file .
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> Prashant Sharma

Thanks