[LLVMdev] Regression in 3.4's register allocator?

Niklas Therning niklas at therning.org
Sun Jun 1 13:45:18 PDT 2014

I think we have located the revision which fixes this regression: r206094
(or commit 6bb00df in llvm-mirror on GitHub). I have attached a patch which
can be applied to the current release_34 branch (tested against the
release_34 branch in llvm-mirror). With this patch the attached
reg-alloc-test.ll file doesn't fail with the "LLVM ERROR: ran out of
registers during register allocation" error any longer. I haven't run any
llvm tests to make sure this patch doesn't break anything else but as far
as I can see it doesn't at least break anything when used in RoboVM.

Is it too late to get this into 3.4.2? Is there anything else I can do to
make it easier for you to include this patch in 3.4.2 or the next possible
point release?