[LLVMdev] What is the quality of code generated by llc's cpp target?

David Glanzman gland at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 28 08:12:29 PDT 2014

    I've been examining code generated by llc's cpp target to get a handle
on using llvm.  I'm seeing a lot of new-ing without delete-ing, no use of
smart pointers which iirc was approved on the mailing list a while back.
I'm not %100 confident in my own knowledge of llvm, so I was wondering if
the cpp target is a reasonable guide.  Does it produce generally up-to-date
use of the APIs or am I better off avoiding it all together?

Thanks,
David