[LLVMdev] RFC: Legalizing operations and post-legalization DAG combining

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:18:27 PDT 2014

Since no one else has replied I will :)

I've wanted something like this for a while, but it seemed like a lot
of work when some ordering would solve the issues in
legalization/combining/lowering. Now that we have a definite use case
for it though it seems to make more sense.

I worry about the performance issues we chatted about yesterday
(adding nodes to the list speculatively, etc), but I don't have any
bright ideas here.

-eric