[LLVMdev] Fixing LLVM's CMake interface before LLVM3.5 release

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 05:54:21 PDT 2014

>> The CMake docs seem to say that the reason for this is the LOCATION
>> might not be completely known at configure time. In the case of
>> imported targets I would disagree because the LOCATION is most
>> definitely known.
>
> Yes, for IMPORTED targets, this should work and is unit tested:
>
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Tests/RunCMake/CMP0026/CMP0026-IMPORTED.cmake;h=650c8a5c;hb=HEAD
>
> If you can provide an sscce, I would be interested.

Apologies. My project tried to read the LOCATION property of imported
targets and my own targets. I misread the warning messages (they were
only from me reading the property on my own targets). It seems that
reading the LOCATION property of imported targets does work without
warning so there isn't an issue here.