[LLVMdev] bug in ilist_node::getPrevNode() ?

Erik Eckstein eeckstein at apple.com
Thu Jul 10 05:59:19 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I stumbled over a problem in ilist_node::getPrevNode(). It crashes when invoked for the first element in a list.
It's because the Prev pointer of a first list element does not point to the sentinel  but is just null.

First question: Is this really a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Second question: If it is a bug, what should be the correct behaviour? Either change insert() to let Prev of the first element really point to the sentinel or just change getPrevNode()?

I don't really need getPrevNode() because I can also use iterators but if this is really a bug, I think it should be fixed.

Thanks,
Erik