[LLVMdev] MOS6502 target

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Jul 9 14:25:10 PDT 2014

On 7/2/2014 8:23 PM, Edwin Amsler wrote:

> Really, if I can get an assembler out of `llc`, that'll be success enough for me. Clang would be better, but I think that might be crazy talk.
>
> I've been doing lots of research so far, but from the experts, how feasible does this sound?

The set of programs that you will be able to compile will be severly
limited. There is no OS to speak of, so the only mode you will be able
to use is the "base metal".  This means no file I/O.

If you ever plan to run the output on a real hardware, add an option to
reserve memory addresses for memory mapped registers.

There is a 16-bit derivative of 6502, maybe you could target that instead?

In any case, good luck.  Sounds really cool!

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation