[LLVMdev] Testing an LLVM IR pass

Jan Hoogerbrugge jan.hoogerbrugge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:58:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

I wrote an LLVM IR pass and after testing it on relatively small pieces of
code I want to
test it on the LLVM test suite in projects/test-suite. How can I specify to
the test
infrastructure that I want to run my pass during the testing?

I also need to run an analysis tool on produced binaries before I can run
it. Is there a way
to tell the test infrastructure to run a tool on produced binaries before
executing them?

Is it also possible to build the test programs for another target and run
them on a remote
machine?

Is running the test-suite with the Makefiles still a good option or should
I use the LNT system?

Regards,
Jan.