[LLVMdev] LLVM commit 410f38e01597120b41e406ec1cea69127463f9e5

deadal nix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 20:18:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm working on a target which have a variable size for CC (the same size as
the arguments). As a result getSetCCResultType, return a variable size.

In this commit, at the line DAG.getSExtOrTrunc(SetCC, DL, SelectVT), on my
target, you end up generating the Node you are replacing, and so creating a
loop in the DAG, which give a whole new meaning to the A in the acronym.
Subsequent code manipulating the DAG to not like it at all.

Can you explain me what you were trying to do in that commit ? I know it is
several month old, so the answer is likely not in cache, but that is
capital to me to understand what is the correct fix.

Thank,

Amaury SECHET