[LLVMdev] is there a non-jitting interpreter for the LLVM IR?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 03:48:59 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

On 1 July 2014 11:33, Daniel Wilkerson <daniel.wilkerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a non-jitting interpreter for the LLVM IR?

There is. It lives under lib/ExecutionEngine/Interpreter and is
usually invoked with "lli -force-interpreter".

It's a fairly minor component of LLVM though (less rigorously tested
and less actively maintained). There certainly have been correctness
issues there in the past (I think it didn't handle vector types for a
while), though I'm not personally aware of any at the moment.

Cheers.

Tim.