[LLVMdev] Sanitizers libs in Compiler-RT

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Jan 30 12:33:20 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone explain me what was the rationale behind putting the sanitizer
> libraries in compiler-rt?

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-November/045444.html

Basically, compiler-rt contains the only runtime libraries we ship with
Clang.  The sanitizers are runtime libraries shipped with clang (they have
some version dependence), so they went in compiler-rt.  Now they are
starting to feel much larger than compiler-rt, so perhaps they should be
split out.

Or we can leave them there and solve your ARM build problems a different
way.