[LLVMdev] unit-tests for standalone clang
dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:07:13 PST 2014
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Saleem Abdulrasool
<compnerd at compnerd.org>wrote:
> When building a standalone clang (which I believe most of us don't do, I
> certainly do not do this when developing), I noticed a build failure and
> fixed the particular issue in the build (SVN r200096).
> I agree with David here that if we are supporting a standalone build, we
> should ensure that it works correctly and builds identically (as much as
> possible) to the non-standalone version so that we do not end up
> accidentally introducing subtle bugs into the build.
> Digging further into the issue (thanks dblakie!) it seems that the problem
> is exhibited due to a small change to the bundled copy of google-test in
> the LLVM repository. That change was made in 2009 by Jeffery (SVN r81093)
> to assist in printing out types more conveniently by adapting std::ostream
> to LLVM's raw_ostream.
> We have a few options here:
> 1) have gtest be part of the installed LLVM image
> 2) duplicate gtest into clang
> 3a) remove the change to google-test and adapt the unit-tests
> appropriately (which is what I did in the previously mentioned change for
> the cases that I found).
> 3b) move the required machinery for supporting google-test into libSupport.
> I wanted to bring this up on this list in order to facilitate a discussion
> to determine the best course of action.
> My personal preference would be for 3a. We should adapt the tests to
> perform the necessary conversions to print out information as necessary.
> This would also help reduce divergence from googletest which is a bonus
> Saleem Abdulrasool
> compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev